Israel Vehicle Importers Association (I-via) is a registered association, which is a member of the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA), whose members are direct importers of passenger cars, light commercial vehicles, trucks and buses (a direct importer is someone who is authorized by the Ministry of Transport to import vehicles to Israel directly from the vehicles' manufacturer).
The aims and objectives of the Association:
- To preserve and promote the interests of the Association's members and to represent them before the authorities in Israel;
- To increase the professional knowledge of the Association's members and their employees;
- To promote the automotive industry in Israel, and the quality of service and maintenance of vehicles;
- In addition, Israel Vehicle Importers Association also recognizes the public interest and works consistently to improve the quality of transportation and driving safety, to promote the environment in terms of reducing air pollution as well as working for the community in a variety of contexts..
Association's activities include, among others:
- Collecting, processing and producing statistical data on vehicle licensing in Israel at a monthly level (performed in collaboration with the Digital Technologies and Information Division of the Ministry of Transport);
- Representing the Association's members and dealing with common issues vis-à-vis the various authorities in Israel (such as the Ministry of Transport, the Customs and VAT Division of the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Environmental Protection and more);
- Representing the Association's members before the various Knesset committees, on issues related to bills or regulations in the areas of vehicles and transportation, as well as participation in the public discourse on general issues such as road safety, car thefts, taxation, etc.;
- Representing the vehicle importers vis-à-vis the media and the press in Israel and globally;
- Cooperation with parallel organizations in Europe, acquiring information on current topics in the areas of vehicles and regulations, in order to promote these areas in Israel;
- Investing efforts in promoting road safety and advanced vehicle technologies.
Membership of OICA and CLEPA
As of July 2020, Israel Vehicle Importers Association has been accepted as a member of the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA).
The Paris-based Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association OICA was founded in 1919 and serves as an umbrella organization for 37 associations which represent most of the countries in which vehicle production takes place.
As of January 2021, Israel Vehicle Importers Association has been accepted as a member of CLEPA - European Association of Automotive Suppliers.
The Brusells-based Association was founded in 1959 and brings together well over 100 of the world's most prominent suppliers for car parts, systems and modules and more than 20 national trade associations.
Israel Vehicle Importers Association was accepted into OICA and CLEPA based on the understanding that Israel is fast becoming a leader in the advanced vehicle technological systems industry, and the organizations recognize Israel's growing importance in these areas.The membership in OICA and CLEPA strengthens the communication channels and the accessibility of information regarding the current global developments, in everything related to the automotive industry.